Housework Humor well the funny thing is I’m a great multi-tasker. I can get so much done in a day, hour, night it’s amazing. I can cook it. I can design great designs for my stores and customers. I can go swimming with the kids. Get the food shopping done. Math homework, no problem. Hang a picture. Paint some seashells. I can squeeze it all in with a smile on my face I love being busy doing things I love with people I love.
But somehow I can never seem to have that extra time to clean. The laundry well…..it can wait one more day. Wash the floors, well I think maybe on Wednesday. I hate dishes in the sink so I’m pretty good at getting that done and emptying the dishwasher on time so I can keep the sink empty. Dusting, oh yeah I forgot I was going to do that today. And the vacuuming well it’s so noisy I’ll get to it later. Probably.
You have to choose your priorities in life. Life is important. Enjoying life is really important. I know housework won’t kill me, but why take the chance. OK I’m really lucky others in the house will pick up the vacuuming jobs and dusting for me but this sign hangs proudly in my kitchen. My husband said they made it for me!
Happy Halloween wishing everyone a day filled with more treats than tricks! This is the first year for me that Halloween won’t be cold. Won’t be filled with beautiful leaves. It’s a different Halloween holiday when you live in the south but it has it’s own wonderful charm and beautiful weather and still, I bought Fall Mums to decorate the front yard.
Candy dishes filled with candy corn. Halloween baskets ready for trick or treaters filled with chocolate and goodies they get to choose from.
Halloween decorating in our home this year included painting amazing sea shells we found during one of our many beach time sea shell hunting adventures.
Baking and Fall Cooking has always been my favorite and this fall is no different! Pumpkin cakes, muffins and cookies covered with autumn leaves and sprinkles of orange, black and yellow everywhere. The backdrop is different but our fun and family love not only is perfect every season, but also everywhere we are.
Happy Halloween Everyone!
You have to love the power of crazy Mother Nature from sunrise to sunset she is definitely amazing. Some days are tougher than others some days we are so busy we forget to stop and look around but every day is another day and tomorrow will be a new day too!
Sprinkle Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day but they aren’t just for breakfast any more. The best part of sprinkle pancakes are the smiles you share with family when you enjoy them together.
They are easy, all of my recipes are high in love, don’t have too many ingredients, can be made from scratch or semi homemade. Sprinkle pancakes can be filled with rainbows or chocolate, designed perfectly for holidays and special occasions. You can eat them with a knife and fork or pick them up finger friendly style.
Sprinkle pancakes are delicious and the best part about them is they are the breakfast fun my granddaughters and I made up – well maybe we aren’t the only family in the world to ever make them, but with giggles and spoons we mixed up our first batch and now, it’s a family tradition with every delicious sleepover party to have them for breakfast.
DIY means do it your way when enjoying these pancakes. Add some syrup, top with fruit, melt some butter over the pancake stack or just enjoy them fresh from the pan.
- Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancake Mix 10.6 oz:
- 1 and 1/2 cups Water:
- Rainbow Sugar Sprinkles:
- Shake the pancake mix in the container around a bit to loosen it up
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of cool water
- Replace the container cap and shake, shake, shake. Shake it up really good to avoid any lumps in the batter
- Pour about half the batter into a 1 cup or larger measuring cup
- Add desired amount of rainbow sugar sprinkles – mix well so there is lots of yummy sprinkles in the batter, but not too many or it will make your batter really thick
- Heat your skillet or pan either one will work great
- Add some butter to the pan until it melts
- Pour a small amount of batter to form your pancakes and as they “fluff” add some more to get your desired size pancake.
- When the pancake starts to puff up use a spatula and turn to cook the other side
- The pancake almost instantly puffs up and is ready in seconds to remove from the skillet.
- Use up all of the pancake batter adding as many or as few sprinkles as you and your family like until all of the batter becomes your favorite sprinkle pancakes.
- Note** I love using the Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancake Mix but you could definitely substitute your own favorite pancake mix recipe and add your favorite flavor sprinkles to the batter.
And if all that wasn’t enough – be creative and make some do it yourself gourmet pancakes too – sometimes a whoosh of whipped cream and a cherry on top is a sweet treat any time of the day!
Gifts of Love are the most important reminder at this New Year of how lucky we are. Family, friends, hope and faith. Resolutions are made, promises to yourself to try something different, make positive changes in your life. Some easy to keep, some impossible. Hold tight to family, to holidays and traditions. The more things change, the more they stay the same when the gifts of love fill your heart all year long.
Personalize your life remembering those gifts of love and friendship, what’s important when things get tough, take a moment to smile, to remember and to look ahead to sunshine days.